Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Shots!

Today I started my progesterone shots.  I have to get one every week  in my tooshie until I am 36 weeks and 6 days. I am not to keen on the idea of getting a shot every week but it what seems to be best for the new baby.  Gavin's early arrival is what prompted the shots.  Since my preterm delivery doesn't have a reason the chance of it happening again is likely.  The extra dose of progesterone should help keep this new guy in until he is full term.
There are minimal side effects to the shots,most of them just make my butt cheek sore but the one large side effect is that they put me at a higher risk of developing gestational diabetes(GD).  About 5% of women taking the shots develop GD, and since my mom has diabetes I am already at risk, this just ups my chances.
I will take the shots, the sore butt
 and risk the diabetes if it means I will get to hold a healthy, fully developed baby in 18 weeks!

No comments: